Saturday, May 24, 2008

Nice to meet you!

My name is Jennifer Klaiber, and I am a single mom of a currently four-year-old boy named Logan. I am a college student studying Early Child Care, a preschool teacher for two-year-olds, and a nanny of a two year old boy and a four year old boy.

I got pregnant with my son when I was seventeen, and gave birth to him when I was eighteen. Thankfully, although Logan's dad and I are no longer together, he is still in the picture. They get to spend time together every weekend, which I believe is very important.

When I was nineteen, I turned my life around and began living for God rather than my own selfish ambitions. I changed majors from business to early child care with the intention of helping other single parents and teen parents who feel trapped in their circumstances. I believe that the key is to turn their eyes from their problems, and look to God for solutions. I have seen first hand that through his love and mercy God has a plan for each and every one of us and our children!

I decided to make this blog in order to organize my thoughts and share them with others. My ultimate mission is to write parenting books that help single parents and teen parents reprioritize their life and goals in order to parent holistically and effectively. I hope that I will be able to help parents brainstorm strategies to improve their children's futures by starting within themselves and moving outward.

To kick things off, I am going to start talking about money management. I hope that the wisdom God has given me will bless you as much as it has blessed me!

No comments: